Gateway NMRA members are invited to a special free event at 9:30 a.m. CDT on Saturday, February 18, 2023. Not a member? Ask us how to join!
The decaling event will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, 14088 Clayton Road, Town and Country, MO 63017. Get Directions
David Lowell, of the Gateway Division NMRA, will present “Decals and Their Application – A Hands-On Workshop.”
- Have you always wanted to learn how to decal?
- Do you need to sharpen your skills in decaling?
- Have you been reading about how to decal and watching online videos on how to decal but just need practical help?
- Or do you just want to be able to learn more about decaling and other modeling skills from your fellow modelers?
- Then join us for your chance to learn more by working hands-on and in-person with modelers who know and are willing to share.
You can’t do that with magazines or online videos!
The workshop will consist of an instructional presentation followed by hands-on decal application by all attendees.
- We will review the steps required to provide a properly prepared surface, tips and techniques for the application of decals, as well as the tools and supplies required for decal application.
- We will provide unpainted boxcar shells, decals (courtesy of the Don Ayers Estate), water, paper towels, and setting solution.
- If you can, bring scissors, a hobby knife with a sharp blade, tweezers, metal ruler, sharp pencil, and a magnification visor (if needed). If you don’t have these items, don’t worry, we will have a few extra or we will do our best to group modelers together for sharing tools. If you have spare tools, bring them along to help out your fellow modeler.